How To Become Successful And Live Your Dream
By Jamin Thompson
It has been said that desire is the starting point of all achievement, and I tend to agree. If you want to accomplish something, it can’t just be a hope, a dream, or a wish. It must be a burning desire that can often be described as an uncontrollable obsession. It must be a thought that transcends everything else. It must dominate your thoughts as well as fuel your passion and drive.
Most people who become winners don’t embark on their championship run saying, “I hope to someday become a champion.” They literally think about that goal each and every day, and do everything in their power to make sure it happens. They want more than anything for their desire to become reality. They live it, they breathe it, and obsess over it.
Winners win because they set definite goals, and because they are committed with purpose.
They place all of their energy, willpower and effort into achieving that goal. Setbacks and losses do not diminish their desire, they only make that desire burn stronger. Winners usually exhibit remarkable displays of resiliency.
Hoping and wishing will never bring success. But with the proper state of mind, and a well thought out success plan backed up with persistence and a won’t settle for failure mindset, you will become successful.
Here are some practical steps to help you start on the road to success:
1. Set your mind on the exact goal you want to achieve. Be as specific as you can.
2. Figure out exactly what you plan on sacrificing in order to get what you want. There is no such thing as something for nothing.
3. Set a definite date that you wish to accomplish your goal.
4. Create a plan that will allow you to achieve your purpose.
5. Write out your purpose or mission statement as clear and concisely as you can.
6. Read your written purpose or mission statement out loud 2-3 times every day. Once in the morning when you wake up, once while driving to work, and once before bed. The more you do this, the more you will start to believe in yourself and start to feel like you can do it.
7. Burn all of the bridges behind you. If you want to be sure you maintain the state of mind required to keep that desire burning, you need to eliminate all sources of retreat and withdrawal. You cannot allow yourself an escape route.
8. Stand by your desire until it dominates your thoughts and becomes a fact.
9. Start immediately, don’t wait for the perfect scenario, the time will never be right, so start now.
If you look at some of the most successful people on earth, you’ll find that most of them do not have superior talent, intelligence, education, or resources. Most of these individuals are remarkably very ordinary, and are not blessed with an ounce more talent than the next person. Talent and intelligence are not measures of success.
If you look closer you’ll find that successful people also usually have one thing in common. They are super stubborn. They just refuse to give up. Most of them have failed numerous times before they finally had a breakthrough and achieved success.
If you fail, try again. If you fall 7 times, get up 8 times. Just keep going. Everyone, at every level, who is attempting to do more than the average person will fail a few times. With risk there is reward, and if you aren’t willing to lay anything on the line and risk the embarrassment of failure then you wont be taking much action at all. You cannot be afraid to fail.
Don’t be afraid to fall down, totally embarrass yourself, and fail. Do it, learn from it, and move on.
Don’t let the fear of failure stop you from trying.
Success often comes just by hanging in there long enough. Just by taking body punch after body punch and refusing to get knocked out…you can eventually emerge the victor. If you do happen to get knocked down, you’ll often find that you can transform that stumbling block into success purely as a result of persistence. Just keep getting up.
If you have the ability to hang in there, and the emotional strength necessary to stay positive after falling on your face and can still keep going strong, nothing can hold you back.
Just remember, every tragedy and disappointment you’ll ever experience in your lifetime will lead to an even greater opportunity. You may not think so at the time but, you’ll see what you want to see, what you expect to see, and you’ll only find what you look for.
So keep going, don’t ever stop. Don’t take yourself out of the game when you are in a slump. The only cure for failure is action.
About the Author
Jamin Thompson is an internationally recognized fat loss expert, fitness model, motivational speaker, and sports performance expert. He is the author of the best selling fitness and diet e-book, The 6 Pack Secret: Fat Burning Secrets of The World’s Top Fitness Models which has helped thousands of men and women from all over the world build muscle, lose fat, and remain healthy for life without the use of supplements, fancy machines, or long boring cardio workouts. Learn how to increase your metabolism and get rid of stubborn fat by visiting: www.the6packsecret.com
Hybrid Connect Error : Connector could not be found